Upgrades with Aegean miles?

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by thegrailer, Nov 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Haven't been able to find anything and the *A website still talks of Aegean joining in the future - Can *A upgrades be had with Aegean miles?

The below quote is sort of cryptic - at least to me. A dated webpage stating that Aegean et al will be joining *A in the future? Or is it referring to which airlines will allow their miles to be used for upgrades in the future? Or???

Thanks

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benefits/frequent-flyer/upgrade-awards/

2. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you tried to contact A3 yet? Not every *A member allows their miles to upgrade on other *A flights at this point. Off hand I don't know if A3 does this yet. Best bet is to try to get the answer from them.

thegrailer likes this.
  3. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting question. Since several of those *A members are longstanding *A members, my hunch is the language about being "set to join" refers to set to join the upgrade program.

If correct, this would be a great outcome to how to actually use these bloody A3 points.

thegrailer likes this.
  4. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. Importantly for me, if useful for an upgrade, I can advise a colleague that wanted lounge *A lounge access on the cheap [my suggestion on A3 via what I think was one work paid for business class ticket to Asia] what to do with those, aptly termed, bloody A3 miles.

Cheers -

PS 744: I bleed Rangers blue
    Edit: 3-2 over the Sens tonight.

nime01 and Lufthansa Flyer like this.