Upgrade Within 24 Hours -- Do Not Use Mobile Website

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by flyforawg, Mar 28, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Discovered that checking in for a flight from the mobile web site is not a good idea. Tried using US mobile app, but was "down for maintenance." Shunts you over to the AA mobile site. Checked in as an EXP and it suggested purchase of either F or Y seats, but no option to upgrade or roll over to airport wait list. Also tried to charge when choosing a checked bag.

After calling EXP desk to transfer to Chairman's desk, things were looking dicey. The US elite desk member was either clueless or perhaps the transfer wasn't really to the proper desk. Knew nothing about the status of my check in. Knew nothing about the upgrade list. Said I'd have talk to web support and transferred me over. Web support (sounded like based in a Philippine call center) had no idea and said I'd have to talk to reservations.

While waiting to be transferred back decided to poke around on the web site from a computer. Computer based web site allowed me to choose a seat in first with no charge and I explained this to the reservation agent who this time around actually sounded competent and was aware of the IT issues they've been having.

Newscience likes this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    That was yesterday. Things are much better today, see:
    https://milepoint.com/forums/threads/my-usair-and-my-aa-accounts-are-already-combined.119045/

It's likely that these problems are now a thing of the past. If so, kudos to AA!

flyforawg likes this.
  3. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Glad the other things are going smoothly. Still going to avoid the us mobile site for check in if possible to provide me the best chance at upgrade. Would appreciate if has success with mobile upgrade as aa elite on us metal as it would be so much easier to use the phone.

Side note, all my miles and account details merged flawlessly, but my us flight from last week has yet to post. Will be patient for a week or so and hang onto my boarding passes.