Upgrade status "Confirmed" for codeshares?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by zpaul, Jul 16, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

I booked a big trip in economy in August with a lot of codeshares with QF and now have a strange thing on my upgrade status page. I haven't flown with Qantas in over 15 years, so I'm out of touch with them, and the relationship with AA.

The itinerary is SCL-JFK (AA codeshare on LA) - LAX - MEL (AA codeshare on QF) - PER (QF) - SYD (QF) - DFW (AA codeshare on QF) - SCL.

I've never been EXP before, but my understanding is that I should only be able to upgrade on the AA metal segments (JFK-LAX and DFW-SCL); however, all segments that are AA codeshares are showing as upgrade status confirmed. My upgrade for DFW-SCL did come through. The fact that my seats are still in Y for all but the upgraded segment is telling, and my better judgement tells me that this is a glitch, but...could it happen? Obviously upgrades on the longer LAX-MEL and SYD-DFW flights would be welcome, but even when I was a Gold QF FF, I never got upgrades for nothing.

Just tell me it's wishful thinking and another AA glitch, and I'll be fine. But wanted to put it out there just in case there have been changes to the AA-QF relationship that I don't know about!

Thanks! Paul

P.S. This will accrue 24,930 EQPs based on fare class booked - I understand how that works, at least!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  2. okrogius

okrogius Silver Member

Status Points:
    What fare bucket did you buy your ticket? What cabin is the actual segment on the PNR show?

In either case, it's just a website bug per se. You should end up with what you were ticketed in for those segments.

zpaul likes this.
  3. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    L on the way out (to PER), S on the way back. All segments show the same except DFW-SCL which is now C.

I knew it was too good to be true...just like to put my hope out into the universe from time to time...

4. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    Now that I've been doing some checking, I did receive "extra legroom seats" on QF which are normally AU$ 180 on the long-haul and AU$ 60 on the domestic legs. Maybe that's what they were trying to indicate? Strange way to do it, but it works for me.