Upgrade question on split UA/CO itin

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by adambadam, Apr 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. adambadam
    Original Member

adambadam Silver Member

Status Points:
    Simple question I think that I am making more complex than it should be.

I am on an itin that has four segments (2 there, 2 back). It was booked on UA and only the first segment is on UA metal. The other three segments are on CO metal booked as UA code shares (though two of those are on CO Express, thus no upgrades). Do I have to do anything to get on the CO upgrade waitlist for the UDU equivalent for the one CO segment that matters? Should I CO status match and somehow split up the earning miles portion to get higher priority, is that possible?

2. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not sure, but I do know when I booked CO flight numbers on UA metal flights, I had to call CO, get transferred to UA elite and they did this for me. So you may need to do the same for the CO flights -- i..e call UA elite desk and have them transfer to CO elite desk.

Never a bad idea to do this -- BUT the website for matching status clearly states in the FAQ that for "split reservations" you need to pick one FF program (UA or CO), can't use both.

I have a reservation like this CO outbound, UA return in the fall and used my CO number, so I'll just cross my fingers to get upgraded as a CO Plat on the UA flights on the way back.

Good Luck :)

3. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    On my UA codeshare, CO metal flights I didn't do anything nor did I call anyone, and EUA upgraded me.

adambadam likes this.