Upgrade Priority - GM with FO companion

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by snapper, May 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. snapper
    Original Member

snapper Active Member

Status Points:
    To improve upgrade odds when traveling with a FO companion is it better to split the PNR or does it not make a difference?

I know from looking at the Delta upgrade chart that when joined with a non-status companion one would have the lowest priority, but what about the case when joined with a FO, do you just slip down to their level?

On the past 6 segments between MSP-LAX and MSP-ATL we have always been middle of the upgrade list and I didn't know if spiting the PNR would bump me up the list.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  2. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    If they are on the same reservation the GM drops down to the FO level. If you split reservations, you are saying you are Ok with sitting in different cabins and the GM would clear then at the normal Gold window and the Silver would clear at the silver window if upgrade space is available.

snapper likes this.
  3. snapper
    Original Member

snapper Active Member

Status Points:
    That makes sense, but currently I am 2nd and Mrs Snapper is 6th. Not really a big deal, I would pass on the upgrade anyways, just trying to figure out the system.

4. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    So this is just for upgrades at the window. At the gate everyone goes to their normal window which is why the two of you are not consecutive on the list.

snapper likes this.