Upgrade offer @ Hotel Des Indes

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by theBOAT, May 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

So I received this offer in my inbox this morning, and am contemplating it somewhat.

"As an SPG Gold member, you also have the possibility, should you desire, to upgrade to an executive room for an additional €50. Guests taking advantage of this offer will receive 1500 bonus Starpoints® as a token of our esteem. More details may be found by clicking the box on the right."
    We look forward to providing you with the exceptional experience to which our guests have become accustomed.

For anyone who's been on the executive floor, what benefit is my 50 euro (I'm assuming per day) going to buy me? Since breakfast at this hotel runs about 30 euro, if that's included then I'm going to go for it. Thanks for the help & info.

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

It's a nice hotel, but IIRC their standard cheapest-category rooms are small. If the executive rooms are larger, this could be worthwhile. My guess is that the executive rooms would be on the top (or at least a high) floor, so they should be quieter and have better views on average.