Upgrade glitch

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by canucklehead, Mar 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not sure if anyone has experienced this UAL.com glitch before:

I am trying to upgrade the bookend legs of an itinerary with 4 legs (to upgrade all the segments, it that would require 4 upgrade certs). Unfortunately I only have 3 - 2CR1s and 1SWU. When I go to upgrade, I am only given a mileage offer for upgrade, no cert upgrade. I call in and ask if there is a problem with it and the phone agent tells me that she has seen it before. The system will only allow you to upgrade if you have equal or more certs than the number of separate legs you wish to upgrade. :confused:

United.com has been exceptionally buggy as of late - only giving me one of 2 BPs, listing the wrong itinerary, not putting me on the UDU lists. Have they stopped doing any maintenance prior to the merger?:eek: (I know, I know, when did they start maintaining their website!:p )

2. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    the individual flights are separated - a day apart each, so each segment requires an upgrade cert.
    So in my case, 4 flights, 4 certs, but my bank only has 3. [​IMG]

also, I was trying to refrain for using the word .bomb, just out of courtesy (fresh start)

3. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wasn't very clear. I am trying to upgrade the first and fourth leg, but as I do not have 4 certs, I could not do it online (hence the need to call it in.)

4. spkg
    Original Member

spkg Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm sure you've done this, but Just in case, did you try to upgrade your entire itinerary at the same time or did you select the option to upgrade individual flights?

and no, there will be no fresh start, .bomb will always be .bomb

5. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting, I'd just keep calling till you can find an agent to override it.
    Did you try "sponsoring" an upgrade for yourself?

Skyvillager likes this.
  6. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    The only upgrade option I got was 15000 miles per leg, but an agent was able to apply a CR1 to the one I wanted (and tell me about the glitch), but jason8612, good suggestion, never thought about trying to sponsor myself.

7. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's been a known bug on .bomb for some time that CR1s sometimes randomly won't show up on the upgrade options drop-down. I have no idea why this is, but it just happens sometimes and you have to call. I've never heard of it happening with SWUs, but I suppose anything is possible.

8. call in an agent will overide and fix it for you.