Upgrade email notice??

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by milerunner, Apr 6, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. milerunner

milerunner Silver Member

Status Points:
    Don't tell me american is as flaky as deltas upgrade system.. Us air was so good at letting you know before your flight whether you scored an upgrade up to 7 days before departure.. Now it's 4 and I have not seen that email :(

2. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's all demand based and revenue management driven. I've cleared at 100 hours on my regular route regularly, but every now and then (say spring break recently) they wait until same day. This despite seeing 8 of 12 open on the seat map and 7+ F available for sale.

Sammich likes this.
  3. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's more than that. I also noticed that as a Platinum I should have seen something. I finally called in with 72 hours before my flight to find out what is wrong. It turns out that I had booked the flight on the American Airlines flight number, which was crosscoded to US airways, and it was US Airways metal, so they told me that what happens is (even as a Platinum), it won't run you through any upgrades until you actually check in, which (to me) means no hope of getting an upgrade, since everyone else's upgrades have already come through. So even though I was a American Platinum and US Airways Gold, it doesn't care, it drops you to check-in. So, there's really no hope unless you get the right flight booked with the right airline. However, I was told (because two of my flights are now relegated to no chance of upgrade and I was getting annoyed) that the systems integrate on Oct 17th, and that this problem goes away. Just my luck. :)

4. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Excellent point and believe me I can't wait for this integration. Just started flying transcon again with no non stops on American. Half the flights are good on AA and half on US. I refuse to book where I have no chance of upgrades so I'm twisting into a pretzel making sure I book only on the metal I fly. What a pita. Considering switching airlines again to get non stop availability, but hard to give up the status. Suppose I'll see how the upgrades go before deciding.