Upgrade certs on award fares

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by PoorMansBidet, Mar 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. PoorMansBidet
    Original Member

PoorMansBidet Silver Member

Status Points:
    On an international fare is it possible to select a coach award eligible for upgrade then use a cert for business class?

I have more certs to burn then miles at this point.

2. Indiana Delta Diamond
    Original Member

Indiana Delta Diamond Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry no one answered this before now. No chance on using an SWU on an international coach award.

3. goodandclassy
    Original Member

goodandclassy Silver Member

Status Points:
    would an IROP/rebook in Y trigger eligibility to use a SWU? I wonder if anyone has tried it...

4. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe it used to however, now all that changes is the class flown but the original class would be what you paid and unless it was a Y/B/M it would not be eligible.

If you want to use miles, just book a business class award with miles next time!

Skyvillager likes this.
  5. ryandc99
    Original Member

ryandc99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have been wondering the same thing! I recently had a schedule change to a domestic PNR, and when I called into rebook since my connection was no longer valid, I asked the agent to make sure I was still on the upgrade list, and she was like no actually you were upgraded. When I logged in online, it was Y for the segment on a RJ and V for the mainline!

DeltaExpert likes this.
  6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    This should not have happened unless it was within your upgrade window; if it was (i.e., around 5 pm ATL time six days before the flight for DM/PM, etc.), then this is proper if V inventory was available.

ryandc99 likes this.
  7. ryandc99
    Original Member

ryandc99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It was not, still months ahead, that is why I was so suprised! Agent mistake in my favor!