Updates to United Mobile App

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by UA Insider, Jun 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. UA Insider
    Original Member

UA Insider Official Representative

Status Points:
    Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed, we recently released an update to the United Mobile App for Apple, Android, BlackBerry 10 and Windows 8 products. Now that it's available for download, I wanted to provide you a quick rundown of a few of the key changes:

Graphics and Layout: Most visibly, we’ve updated the way we organize and present information on the app – namely, moving more information ‘above the fold’ on the home screen, and making buttons on other screens easier to see.

Flight Search during IRROPS: One of the major updates to the app that you might not notice immediately is the ability to “re-shop” for different flights in the event of IRROPS. This is a function that we’re going to do a lot more with over the coming months, but right now it allows you to do what you could previously only do through a kiosk—choose a different flight if the automated re-booking option isn’t suitable. This feature is available for all devices that get the update.

We’ll also have this information in a press release scheduled for next week, but now that the update has been released I want you to be among the first to know about some of the new features.

Aaron Goldberg
    Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
    United Airlines

Pat+, Paolo Scuri, meFIRST and 16 others like this.
  2. Gtitan
    Original Member

Gtitan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Like it! Good job!

ETA: if this is old news forgive me, but the App is also now available for the Kindle Fire!

webdes03 and mht_flyer like this.
  3. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Love the new homepage on the iPhone app, but still struggling with adapting to the "flight results" page - will hopefully get used to it. Any news on an iPad app???

mht_flyer likes this.
  4. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Aaron,

I've filled-out the in-app feedback form, but I wanted to post here to tell you how amazing I think this app is. I fly IAD<-> SEA every Mon and Thu and rely on this app for, well, everything. It works, it's fully featured, it never crashes, and it's basically perfect. I bought 4 RTs just yesterday using it, and completed my purchases in under 5 minutes. Great job by the team on this app, and keep up the good work!

With thanks,
    Garp74

5. HeathrowGuy
    Original Member

HeathrowGuy Gold Member

Status Points:

Praises be to the d.r.S.L. for this greatly expanded functionality. With the usual weather curveballs Mother Nature throws during the summer, this feature will prove most helpful.

6. SeaRaptor
    Original Member

SeaRaptor Silver Member

Status Points:
    The updates to the app are excellent. It looks much better in tablet form now, and the added functionality is fantastic.

7. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for continuing to keep the enrollment date on there, it reminds me how long my loyalty has been :D

8. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    No wonder things look a bit "weird" when tried to find the status of my TPAC flight at LAX yesterday. Looked weird at first but a definite enhancement to the App.:)

9. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like the new features and interface but how about adding something that shows a schedule change. I have two itineraries which are showing schedule changes on the desktop site but there is no indication of this using the mobile app on my iPhone

10. Steve GadFly
    Original Member

Steve GadFly Gold Member

Status Points:
    :rolleyes:

11. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    The drSL has shunned me by refusing to grant me service in MLB and so shall he be shunned by me despite the fact that the app is pretty :cool:

- Misplaced Texan the Apostate.

;)

Sent from a place using a fruit thing.

12. HubletUAFlyer

HubletUAFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Has the android update come down yet?

13. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, it was released the same day as the iOS update.

14. HubletUAFlyer

HubletUAFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unusual
    On my iphone I see the new.design but my android has the same.interface its had for months

15. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Check the Play Store to make sure you don't have an update available that you haven't installed yet.