Updates to TATL catering in Y

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by rwoman, Feb 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good Afternoon,

I posted this on FT, but figured I'd add it here as well so people see the changes. DL has added a third entree option to Y catering on TATL flights. It may also be on TPAC, but that's outside of my scope of flying. ;)

On my LHR-JFK flight, they offered chicken, pasta, or a Cobb Salad. The meal included the salad (with chicken), mixed fruit, standard coach meal roll, cheese, and the triple chocolate chip cookie.
    [​IMG]

On JFK-LHR last night, it was a Southwest Chicken Salad. The chicken was good and the salad included corn, tomatoes, jicama, and black beans. There was also mixed fruit, the roll, a brownie, and Tillamook cheese.

[​IMG]

I think this serves as a nice option, especially since I do not like some of the sauces that go with the chicken or pasta entrees.

:)

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    These sound like some of the cold meals offered on shorter domestic FC, especially for lunch rather than dinner IME. of course the presentation looks different, and if anything bigger for TATL coach. It seems like a big improvement over hot mystery meat or vegetarian pasta or something. Plus, more choices within reason are good.

autolycus and rwoman like this.
  3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's a nice change. I sent a note into DL regarding this and got their reply last night...thanking me and that it would be passed on to onboard services.

We'll see if it's offered LHR-MSP today. ;)
    :)

4. cwpfly

cwpfly Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like a good addition. I generally would prefer a lighter option that still has some protein on the overnight flight.

5. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    That does look much better! Especially with the fresh fruit.

I rather like the cold salads offered in domestic FC, it's what I would order for myself in a restaurant anyway and it's not so heavy. Love the brownies too. I always throw mine in my purse for a later treat.