Updates to Hyatt Award Alert Tool

Discussion in 'Wandering Aramean Travel Tools' started by Wandering Aramean, Jul 30, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    My recently introduced Hyatt Awards Alerts tool has seen a lot of activity and a whole bunch of alerts sent out in just a couple weeks of service (thousands of award nights available!!). And it has also seen its share of bugs and enhancement requests. To that end I’ve made a few updates to the way it works.

The most commonly requested feature was to be able to specify a type of room. Turns out that wasn’t too hard to make happen. When you create or edit a search now that option will be available, assuming you’re a paid First Class member on the site. Just put in the room descriptor you want and only award rooms with that word in them will trigger the alert. Hyatt has a ton of different room types and they vary by property so I cannot easily put together a pick list. My recommendation is to use the shortest phrase possible which is also unique to your desires. Or find what you want on a different date and then use that room description to seed your alert setting.

[​IMG]

The other main change is an administrative thing to handle certain date ranges where the system couldn’t figure out that the check-in and check-out dates were valid.

A couple other little things, too, but those are the main ones to be aware of.

Hope you enjoy the new features.

Related Posts:

The post Updates to Hyatt Award Alert Tool appeared first on Wandering Aramean.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Related Stories

Continue reading...

IDGflygirl likes this.