Update: Country Inn & Suites Rapid City Issue

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by MLW20, Jul 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wrote about ourLast Minute Hotel Change of Plans at the Country Inn, Rapid City about three weeks ago. I've been meaning to write an update to what the outcome was but Club Carlson and the Country Inn property were very slow to act on the matter.
    Here is a quick recap:
    For our first night in Rapid City, South Dakota we booked a room at the Country Inn & Suites. Upon check in we were informed of a water issue- there wasn't any at the moment! The problem was being worked on and was supposed to be fixed by 6:00 that evening. When we returned to the hotel we were told the problem was not what they thought and everybody had to find rooms elsewhere. They offered to help us find another room and the option was a hotel nearby which was "only" $13 more plus tax for the night. I declined and found my own room. My main concern was what would happen to the Stay 1, Get 1 Club Carlson points we were supposed to earn for our stay. Before leaving the hotel I checked with the desk to make sure that we would not be charged and was given a paper. The paper seemed more like what you get when you check out not a receipt for a reversal of the charge.
    A couple of days later I contacted Club Carlson through Twitter and received a speedy response. They asked me to send an e-mail regarding the situation. Soon after sending the e-mail, we received a response that the problem would be resolved. We were told that we should expect to hear back from them again after the weekend.
    We did not hear back from the rep after the weekend but I was really happy to see that the 44,000 Gold Points bonus (and other points associated with the booking) did post to Kim's Club Carlson account! I was really impressed that they did the right thing and gave us the bonus for our non-stay.
    About a day later I was wondering- maybe the points posted because we were charged for the room, not due to Club Carlson being so kind. I had Kim check her credit card statement and what do you know, we were never refunded for the stay!
    Find out more HERE

uggboy and sobore like this.
  2. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    we have to link to your blog to read the rest of the story?

uggboy likes this.
  3. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes. It's a pretty lengthy post. I posted around half of it here.