UPDATE: Bangkok goes on with its daily routine, for now

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by uggboy, Oct 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    UPDATE: Bangkok goes on with its daily routine, for now:confused:

Hotels and airlines are bracing for the possibility of flooding in central Bangkok, which seems imminent. For now, it has not been affected by the floods that have swept through several areas of northern Thailand.

The Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) assured travellers in a statement saying that there is no need to change travel plans.

“As you are aware from TV and media reports, some parts of Thailand are experiencing much heavier than usual seasonal flooding," said PATA chief executive Bill Calderwood. "However, central Bangkok and the majority of its suburban areas are functioning normally. All of Thailand’s airports are operating normally, including Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Bangkok. There has been no disruption to BTS skytrain, the MRT underground and public transport systems. All hotels in the city and major tourism attractions are also operating normally.”

MUCH MORE!>http://www.businesstraveller.com/asia-pacific/news/bangkok-remains-functional-for-now

msny and cennas like this.
  2. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hopefully it will have subsided when I'm due there late next month. But my thoughts and prayers are with those who are affected by the flooding.:(

lwkatya, yaychemistry and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Terrible what happens in Thailand right now, but I do hope that everything will be OK in the future again and this magical country shines on and this includes the City of Life, magical Bangkok! For now it makes me sad:( and hope for better news to come!

lwkatya, yaychemistry and cennas like this.