Up to 50,000 UA Miles for a Chase Mortgage

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Muerl, Jun 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just got this over the email and I thought I would mention it.

MORTGAGE UNITED Mileage
    LOAN AMOUNT
    Up to
    $249,999 12,500 miles

$250,000 to 25,000 miles
    $500,000

$500,001 50,000 miles
    and higher

They say to call 1-866-737-0983 to get started.

https://www.chase.com/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/chf/mortgage/page/united_email_offer_v2

I am fairly new to the miles game, but I have not seen this is the 18 months I have been playing. Given my specialized Morgage situation at present I don't know if this would work for me, but its interesting enough.

FlyingFree likes this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got that same email. Compare the rates you'd get from them vs. what you could otherwise get. There was a recent thread where someone did that for some other miles for mortgage offer and it was a rather expensive proposition.

3. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Very interesting, didn't get the e-mail but am in the market to refinance.

4. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    If I remember correctly, it was for AA miles. At the end of the day, marketers need to make money from these campaigns so unless it's to generate interest in a new product/service, it's highly unlikely to be the deal for your pocketbook.... last time I checked, Chase didn't just get into the mortgage game.

In addition, could they categorize this award as taxable income? Based on the ridiculous valuation that Citibank placed on AA miles (around 4-5 cpm), I would not even take the miles if I was going to get taxed the same way on them.