Up to 25K miles for joining Alaska Airlines' Mileage Plan

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by penumpang, May 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
    I saw this online. I decided to post it here instead of in the Alaska forum because the people who post there probably already have an account.

If you live in Northern California and don't have a Mileage Plan account, this might be good for you.

Join, fly Alaska before Oct. 1, and earn enough miles for a free flight

SEATTLE, May 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Alaska Airlines has launched a "Join. Fly. Fly Free." promotion, enabling travelers from Northern California who sign up for the carrier's Mileage Plan to earn up to 25,000 bonus miles toward free tickets for their travel between now and Oct. 1, 2011.
    Northern California residents who join Alaska's award-winning frequent flier program and fly Alaska Airlines roundtrip, nonstop between Northern California and Hawaii receive 25,000 bonus miles, enough for one free roundtrip Super Saver Award ticket to anywhere Alaska flies in the continental United States, Alaska or Canada. Members can also book award travel on one of 15 airline partners to over 700 destinations worldwide. Customers who join and fly one roundtrip between Northern California and anywhere Alaska flies except Hawaii earn 12,500 bonus miles, enough for a one-way Super Saver Award ticket.

Full News Release

hulagrrl210, lin821, vespa7 and 4 others like this.
  2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Thank you for posting. Great offer.

3. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I used to fly the route they took over from Aloha SMF-OGG about 2-3 times a year, but have been exclusively with United since they went out of business. As much as I love my UDU's, I like free plane tickets even more! Once upon a time, circa 1996 I had an Alaska account, but have since moved, got married, and changed my name. I'm all over this promo! Thanks for posting!

4. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is a promotion we can use. If we do a flight to Hawaii, not exactly a hardship, and get the credit card we will be quite happy with our points haul.

5. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
  6. norge
    Original Member

norge Silver Member

Status Points:
    And, if you also sign up for their credit card you can get another 25K miles (annual fee applies).