Up to 2,000 Bonus PC Rewards Points per $100 spent shopping

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by thetravelloop, Jun 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. thetravelloop
    Original Member

thetravelloop Silver Member

Status Points:
    Priority Club Rewards / IHG Shopping Portal is running a promo through August 15th, 2011. For every $100 you spend with your Priority Club Select Visa Card, you will get 2,000 Bonus Points on top of the usual points you earn for purchases through their portal. 1,500 for $75 spent, or 1,000 for $50 spent.

However, all is not lost if you don't have the PC Select Visa Card. You will still get 1,500 Bonus Points for $100 spent, 1,000 for $75 spent, and 500 for $50 spent.

uggboy likes this.
  2. tarheelblue
    Original Member

tarheelblue Silver Member

Status Points:
    The T&C for this offer are fuzzy, especially when it comes to earning multiple bonuses in this promotion. The home page does say "Earn up to 2,000 points every time you shop", but the T&C give no indication that you can earn the bonus more than once. For example, here's the terms for shoppers who don't have a PC Visa card:

EDITED TO ADD: Just saw an email from PC for this promotion, which reads: "For a limited time, earn up to 1,500 bonus points per purchase at our new online shop and at participating retail store locations." (Emphasis mine)

uggboy and thetravelloop like this.
  3. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anybody get the bonus points? I have one confirmed order with 2 that I am waiting on, but no bonus points for the fist confirmed order. Priority Club Connect was supposed to be looking into it, but nothing so far.

uggboy likes this.
  4. Ktremor

Ktremor Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have not received my bonus points either

KathInJax and uggboy like this.
  5. thetravelloop
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I haven't gotten my points yet either and I was targeted. I did get a recap of my spending with them yesterday though, but no bonus points mentioned. Hopefully they will post soon.

KathInJax and uggboy like this.
  6. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    I received 3 - yes 3 e-mails notifying me of the purchase that I made in the middle of July and telling me that the points would be posted (which they did in July). I have called about the bonus miles and have a reference #, which was last week. I was also targeted for the bonus points, but it also was on the main page of their site, so it should not have been targeted.

7. DCA Rob

DCA Rob Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am curious to see how the bonuses post. One of my purchases was from drugstore.com which ended up shipping the order in two parts and billing it as two separate transactions which fell below the $50 minimum.

KathInJax and thetravelloop like this.
  8. thetravelloop
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I had the same thing at the Apple store. Mine ended up being 2 orders of over $50 (500) instead of one over $100. (1500) hmmmm....I guess we'll see.

KathInJax likes this.
  9. Ktremor

Ktremor Silver Member

Status Points:
    I sent an inquiry and got this response:

Thank you for contacting Priority Club Rewards regarding your account. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your Priority Club® Shopping co-partner activity.

We would like to inform you that “Earn Up to 2000 Bonus Points Every Time You Shop” promotion offers allows members to earn up to 2000 bonus points every time they shop with Priority Club Shopping. The offer runs from 29 June 2011 to 15 September 2011.

If member pay using their Priority Club Rewards Visa Card:

• Spend a total of $50 or more = earn 1000 bonus points
    • Spend a total of $75 or more = earn 1500 bonus points
    • Spend a total of $100 or more = earn 2000 bonus points

Please be advised that all points will be posted to the account within 90 days of the relevant item(s) being shipped to the delivery destination.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you as we value your patronage. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact the Priority Club Service Center again.

Sincerely,

Account Manager
    Priority Club Rewards
    IHG

KathInJax likes this.
  10. tarheelblue
    Original Member

Status Points:
    This is just one of the many infuriating aspects of dealing with what is allegedly Customer Service at PC. They can't even get the basic information correct--the promotion ended August 15, not September 15.

KathInJax likes this.
  11. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    Remember -this is Cartera Commerce -not Priority Club. I was explaining to someone yesterday about waiting for these points and having to request the points. They looked at me like I was crazy and suggested that it wasn't worth the effort. In some ways I agree, but I should have 4,000 bonus points - which is almost 1 night at a points break hotel (just redeemed for 4 nights on PB in SLC)!

12. tarheelblue
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Although Cartera Commerce may be running the promotion, the reply that ktremor received came from PC CS, and is in line with the kind of bungled responses I have received in the past, both on the phone and in email. Others on MP and FT have complained about similar problems with PC in the past, hence my comment.

13. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks like the points are finally posting.
    On Nov. 3rd I got PCMALL-SPEND $100 GET 2000PTS
    And on Nov. 5th I got another PCMALL-SPEND $100 GET 2000PTS

tarheelblue likes this.
  14. tarheelblue
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I also got mine in two postings, a day apart. Just thankful that I don't have to call Manila to ask about missing bonus points for a promotion that ended almost 3 months ago. That promised to be a painful experience.