Up to 10% bonus cashback for travel booked on Chase Ultimate Rewards Mall in April

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Jaguar, Mar 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jaguar
    Original Member

Jaguar Silver Member

Status Points:
    As per this post on BoardingArea:

If you are about to make a travel booking, you might consider holding it off until April 1st. Chase Ultimate Rewards will launch a new promotion on April 1st.
    According to the promotion, if you book your flights/hotels /travel package from April 1st thru April 30th with Ultimate Rewards Travel Tool, you get cashback upto $100: $25 for $250-$999 purchase and $100 for $1000+ purchase. Sounds like a very good deal to me. This is on top of the double Ultimate Rewards points/cashback you get for using their Travel Tool.
    Note: Only Chase Freedom, Chase Sapphire and Chase Ink Business cardholders have access to Chase Ultimate Rewards Travel Tool.

It looks like this deal gives us the maximum 10% only if your purchase is $250 or $1000. Rest of the purchase amounts gives us a lower cashback %

kenbo likes this.
  2. sunspotzsz
    Original Member

sunspotzsz Silver Member

Status Points:
    so this is up to 10% for flight or hotel or package, OR does it have to the flight/hotel package?

3. Jaguar
    Original Member

Jaguar Silver Member

Status Points:
    Based on the blog post, it appears it's either of flight/hotel/travel package, but I am not sure. I guess we will have to wait for the promo to start...

4. DealHound
    Original Member

DealHound Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just took at look at the UR travel tool and compared rates to an upcoming stay I have booked at a Hyatt Place. My AAA rate is $89, the Hyatt Daily Rate is $99 and the UR travel tool wants $110/night for the same rooms! In addition, their cancellation policy is much stricter than the hotel's own policy. Be sure to compare prices before booking with this tool!

5. sunspotzsz
    Original Member

sunspotzsz Silver Member

Status Points:
    If it is either of, it could be hot. I don't think hotel is a good idea, but flight is great.

kenbo likes this.
  6. According to the Chase ultimate Rewards website, it is on flights or hotels or packages. Normally I have seen that the Travel Tool pulls up the rates from Travelocity

7. scubaflyer
    Original Member

scubaflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think that's right. I believe Chase uses Travelocity as the underlying booking/pricing engine for their UR site. I'm going to do a quick comparison of what I see on Travelocity and the UR site to be sure.

8. scubaflyer
    Original Member

scubaflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do you know how the 10% (eg. $100) cashback is given to the cardholder? Is it just provided as UR points, a statement credit, or something else? The flight option seems to be a good deal, so thanks for the tip on this.

9. The email I received from Chase says $25/$100 cashback. So I doubt it is in terms of UR points.