UnRoadWarrior - United Boards 777 at Frankfurt midfield, in the snow

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Feb 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    United airlines seemed to have run out of funds to pay for gates at Frankfurt. We were at a gate (Z22) where we checked-in, got our boarding passes security stamped, etc. But there was no plane at the end of the jetway. I looked, it was a regular sized jetway with double gates – the type used...
    ©UnRoadWarrior, a BoardingArea Blog

Continue reading...

2. PhotoJim

PhotoJim Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seems more likely it was situational? Perhaps another delayed flight was using the gate this flight was intended to use.

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    First time for the blogger in Frankfurt?

milchap likes this.
  4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Supposedly happens ALL the time out there. I doubt it's to save time though... I'm sure towing a plane to the gate and boarding the conventional way has to be faster than busing hundreds of people.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    It happens all the time. In my 20 years of flying through Frankfurt I'd esimate arrivals on UA have been more often at midfield handstand positions than real gates. Departures not quite as often i think, but often enough. And it's not just United, LH does the same, though mostly for shorthaul flights IME. There just aren't enough gates with jetways, it's not meant to speed things up.

It's also been discussed many times on FT, so I am surprised the blogger was surprised.