Unpaid Air India pilots put your lives at risk

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | India' started by sobore, Jun 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.mid-day.com/news/2011/ju...n-payment-salaries-mental-distress-mumbai.htm

In a letter to management, AI pilots claim that the repeated non-payment of their salaries has been causing financial and mental distress, thereby distracting them during flights

The cold war between Air India pilots and the airlines' management has been fuelled again.

While the management is still dealing with the swirling rumours that the airlines is overworking its pilots, pilots have retaliated by warning the management that they may not be able to exercise the necessary levels of concentration and alertness during flying hours due to niggling worries about their financial situation, in the wake of AI's non-payment of several months' salary due to them.

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  2. excelsior
    Original Member

excelsior Silver Member

Status Points:
    My heart bleeds for the pilots:rolleyes:.. and no they are not being overworked. A random safety audit revealed that NO pilot had put in more than 72 flying hours/month over the last calendar six months and all were within AIs 950 hour annual limit

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  3. Falcon View
    Original Member

Falcon View Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have never understood this mind set of employees / union members. How does destroying a company by making people not want to fly with them help the labor cause? I saw these same tactics push Eastern Airlines over the edge years ago.

excelsior, Lufthansa Flyer and Grace like this.
  4. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    And we're inviting this mess to Star Alliance? Please Please bar the door. Tell them we're not home at the moment and leave a message at the beep.

excelsior likes this.