Unlocked mifi

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by Laptop Nomad, Nov 29, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Laptop Nomad

Laptop Nomad Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am looking for an unlocked mifi. I bought a ZTE MF60 and I could not get it to connect to any of my devices. My brother-in-law who is a computer software guy could not get it to function either. Can someone give me a good recommendation on one. I need it for the US as well as Europe and the Middle East.

daninstl likes this.
  2. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    Laptop Nomad, daninstl and Dublin_rfk like this.
  3. Lionell

Lionell Gold Member

Status Points:
    I use a TP-Link M5350 and that came unlocked http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=tp-link+m5350
    I absolutely love it, they seem to sell it on Amazon without any contracts. Here in Europe I was able to buy it without contract and then purchased a SIM card from a local provider.
    Has an easy to use web interface, you can set a password for the admin page, set password to connect to the wifi, MAC filtering and you can set it up to connect automatically or manually to the provider's network.

Laptop Nomad and daninstl like this.
  4. Laptop Nomad

Status Points:
    Looked at this on amazon, but the reviews were not that great.

5. Lionell

Lionell Gold Member

Status Points:
    I read the reviews on several websites too, but still decided to give the device a try as I got it with a 14 day not happy return period. It was easy to setup and configure the wifi, battery lasts long, easy to charge with USB cable, no complaints so far.

Did you manage to find any other type of device that suits your needs?

Laptop Nomad likes this.
  6. Laptop Nomad

Status Points:
    I have not I will look at this again. Are you using it here in the states? Are you using it on AT&T?

7. Lionell

Lionell Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm based in Belgium, Europe and so far I have used in the UK, Germany and the Netherlands with a Belgian provider without any porblems.

Laptop Nomad likes this.