Unlimited double MQM & Miles promotion for all nonstop domestic & int'l flights originating in Seatt

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by seaflyer, Feb 18, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. seaflyer

seaflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just received an email for what seems to be a new promotion for Seattle based folks. At least, I haven't seen this before.

Per the email:

Now just book and fly Delta or Delta Connection®-marketed and -operated flights from Seattle (SEA) by December 31, 2014, and we’ll award you double miles and double Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) on the nonstop segment out of or into Seattle (SEA).

http://dmn.delta.com/ace_plrs/seattledouble/?MkCpgn=EM_MKTG_SPOP_A01A_TR_TK_140214_AA004200_P0

Not sure if this a targeted offer for those who identify SEA as their home airport, but that would make sense.

Edit: Apologies for the truncated subject line. Not sure how to fix...

ballardFlyer, WilliamQ and MSYgirl like this.
  2. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    same for me.

4. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    I do not think this is it.

MSYgirl likes this.
  6. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks but this link goes to the older promotion which I have previously signed up.
    I suspect that might be a different promotion mentioned by seaflyer.
    The fly-by dates are also different.

Regardless, Seattle is becoming an interesting place to watch.

upload_2014-2-19_7-57-45.png

MSYgirl likes this.
  7. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    WilliamQ likes this.
  8. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the efforts.
    I am beginning to suspect that seaflyer is right that this could be a targeted promotion, (parameters unknown).

Mixed emotions on the battle at Seattle. I am rooting for Delta as I use them primarily (and promotions can only be good while it last) but I also do not think it is good for competition to be squashed out of the market. Alaska might survive it though and come out even stronger then ever.

9. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got the same promo today. Very excited - will hit DM with this promo this year. But it's gotta be the end of the AS relationship by end of 2014 unless DL acquires them.

10. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine says "First register, then book by December 31, 2013, and fly by October 31, 2014, to start earning. "

Kinda too late for me.

11. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's the promo from last year.

12. seaflyer

seaflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here's a screenshot of what I see when I click the email link. This is definitely a different promo and extends through the end of year.

T&C small print copied below:
    Terms and ConditionsGeneral: All SkyMiles® program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption, and travel benefits. The rules are subject to change anytime. To review the rules, please visit Membership Guide & Program Rules. Certain unpublished fares are not eligible for promotional participation. You may visit delta.com for more details and specific restrictions. Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Partner offers are subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer. Offers void where prohibited by law. Offers and benefits subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. Bonus applies only to the traveling SkyMiles member. The offer cannot be combined with other Delta/SkyTeam® offers.

Eligibility: To participate in this public offer, you must be a new or existing SkyMiles member and must first register online and book by December 31, 2014 (ending 11:59:59pm, U.S. CDT on 12/31/14), and fly between February 18, 2014, and December 31, 2014. This offer is nontransferable. Promotional registration is required before purchasing and taking flight and only tickets purchased (following promotional registration) will qualify for this bonus.

Bonus Offer: Only residents of the State of Washington, as determined by the address on file for your SkyMiles account, are eligible for this promotion. Purchase and fly Delta or Delta Connection-marketed and -operated flights out of Seattle/SEA and earn double miles and double Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) on the nonstop segment out of or into Seattle. Only itineraries for which Seattle is the origin or the final destination will qualify for this promotion. Nonstop cities include: Amsterdam/AMS, Anchorage/ANC, Atlanta/ATL, Beijing/PEK, Cincinnati/CVG, Detroit/DTW, Fairbanks/FAI, Hong Kong/HKG, Honolulu/HNL, Jackson Hole/JAC, Juneau/JNU, Las Vegas/LAS, London/LON, Los Angeles/LAX, Minneapolis-St. Paul/MSP, New York/JFK, Palm Springs, CA/PSP, Paris/CDG, Phoenix/PHX, Portland, OR/PDX, Salt Lake City/SLC, San Diego/SAN, San Francisco/SFO, San Jose, CA/SJC, Seoul-Incheon/ICN, Shanghai/PVG, Tokyo-Narita/NRT, Tokyo-Haneda/HND, Tucson/TUS , Vancouver/YVR. Travel must be between February 18, 2014, and December 31, 2014 to earn double bonus miles and double Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs). Only those flight segments purchased with a published fare that earns full mileage accrual are eligible. Codeshare flights operated by carriers other than Delta are excluded from this offer. There is no limit to the bonus miles and Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) that can be earned within the qualification period. Flight may terminate in any city; however, bonus miles and MQMs will only be earned based on travel flown on Delta-operated nonstop flight segment out of or into Seattle/SEA and the eligible cities listed. Double bonus miles and MQMs will be awarded on base miles only and will not be awarded for mileage bonuses or other class of service MQM bonuses provided in connection with Medallion status.

Attached Files:

WilliamQ and MSYgirl like this.
  13. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Must be targeted, unfortunately. :(

WilliamQ likes this.
  14. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, this certainly disqualifies me.