United's new mileage plus booking interface - like it or hate it?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by bhatnasx, Feb 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. bhatnasx
    Original Member

bhatnasx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seems like .bomb's gone the way of a new look interface for award tix - what do you all think?

I think it looks a little cheesy - but appreciate the more information.

2. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Might be good, if I can get the page to work

cockpitvisit likes this.
  3. Hannaman
    Original Member

Hannaman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks all right to me. Still doesn't appear to be able to handle multi-city itins for awards though.

4. ifly153
    Original Member

ifly153 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Really liking these new flexible rules. I'm optimistic that it comes without a "catch" like lucky is inferring in his blog.

Regarding the new website, the "edit search" feature is much better than the "modify search" from before - more advanced and simple to use.

I don't like the default sorting of "Lowest Miles Price". Would rather they sort it like they do for revenue tickets - by departure time with non-stops first and 1-2 stops after that. Since, we already can already see the miles requirement, no need to sort it like that.

5. MSY-MSP
    Original Member

MSY-MSP Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are some things i definately don't like about it (having to click flight details to see the fare classes to show up). However, the interface looks promising. i guess we will see what happens

6. Frequent Freak
    Original Member

Frequent Freak Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think it needs to better differentiate saver vs. standard and class of service on domestic routes that are served by both two- and three-class aircraft. For example, I was looking at DEN-IAD awards today... everything's kind of lumped together now and I have to look closely at the flight details to see what's really offered.

Now the reason I was looking at DEN-IAD in the first place was not to do a DEN-IAD award but to check NC/NF for confirmable upgrade seats. I really wish UA would include NC/NF on the standard "search by price" matrix so I wouldn't have to do this extra step.

Otherwise, I can get used to the changes in user interface. It's nice to see all the flights for once and not have to think, "hey, isn't there a later flight it's not showing me".

7. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't delved too deeply into it today since the site was a bit buggy this morning when I tried, but on the surface I think the changes are an overall positive. Anything that gives us more flexibility and ease at booking awards (e.g., mixing cabin classes, standard and saver awards) is definitely welcome.

Having to now click on flight details to see the NC/NF availability doesn't really bother me at all, especially since there were many times hovering over flight details didn't bring up the availability all that quickly. I agree it would be great if they'd just show the NC and NF codes in the regular flight searches.

Adding more of their star partners into the online booking tool would be wonderful, but at this point with everything they're doing it might be too much to expect.

8. Erasmus
    Original Member

Erasmus Silver Member

Status Points:
    It feels too much like the DL interface for me. I liked the old one, which gave me more control up front. Now, I have to click through two pages (the flex date interstitial) and pay attention as I sift through the results, since various options are all presented at once. I also much preferred the hover flight info.

9. Sam Axe
    Original Member

Sam Axe Silver Member

Status Points:
    When it spits out saver J award availability to Europe, I'll like it. ;)

10. ord

ord

I did some usability testing for UA on this and having to click to get fare classes was one of the items that I listed as a negative. I was led to believe that may be fixed in a future release.