United's mobile site has a new look

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by UA Insider, Oct 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. UA Insider
    Original Member

UA Insider Official Representative

Status Points:
    Hi Everyone,

Late last night, we launched a new version of United’s mobile web site (http://mobile.united.com). The site has a new look and feel and we hope you’ll agree that it will come in handy when you’re on the go. Later this month, we’ll be directing all of our mobile sites here (including pda.continental.com). Don’t worry, if you have a page bookmarked, all paths will get you to the new site before the end of the month. Of course, everyone is welcome to start using the latest version immediately as well. Here’s a quick summary of what's available from the home page:

Book Flight. Book your next trip here. Initially this feature is limited to booking revenue trips. The ability to redeem miles for travel will be added later

Flight Check-in. Check-in, get your seat assignment and get your boarding pass – just like checking in online

Flight Status. Get the latest status for flights, including the ability to view flight standby and upgrade lists

My Account. Sign in with your Mileage Plus or OnePass account to view your account summary

More Options. Access information about United Club, DirecTV, view our tweets and much more

Smartphone Version. Select the view the works best for your mobile device. We know speed is important so the site is default to display using graphics that take less time to load. For those of you who have devices where speed is not an issue (e.g. iPhones, Android powered phones, etc.) you can switch to the smartphone version right from the home page.

We hope you agree that this is a step in the right direction. Please take it for a test drive and let us know your feedback.

Shannon Kelly
    Director, Customer Insights
    United Airlines

Jslo, rggale, JohnDeere19 and 5 others like this.
  2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for sharing as always, I noticed the new interface this morning and find it to be very user friendly.

One Feedback though, on the Upgrade Standby List I'd like for United to keep what Continental did and show how fully the cabin is booked instead of just Available / Full so Customers can have an idea of how many seats are available in the First Class cabin for an upgrade.

I am pleased to see this feature go forward though from the CO side pre-merger.

catgirl and flyer_o like this.
  3. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nice, I still like the Android App a bit better. For those without Android or IOS, this is a real improvement.

4. UA Insider
    Original Member

UA Insider Official Representative

Status Points:
    Hi DIG/R_1K, thanks for the feedback. We agree with you that seeing how full the cabin is booked is essential. This feature is currently available for flights operated by Continental, and will be added for flights operated by United as we begin to migrate to a single system.

Shannon

5. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice upgrade on the mobile site!

6. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Definitely like the new interface more than the old one, at first blush. Also, as a BB user, the Text Version of the site seems a bit quicker and easier than the Smartphone Version, which I suspect is optimized for those with touchscreens (smarter than my BB, I guess?? ;)).

Question - if I'm checking in for a flight on CO metal, can I check in on the new United mobile site, or do I still have to go through the old CO site (until everything is migrated/redirected later this month)?

7. catgirl
    Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi Shannon. I thought that feature was available on the UA iPhone app? Is this still lthe case? Will we be able to see where we stand on the upgrade list from the app? I've not used it yet, however, the UA app is one of the 1st apps I plan to add when I get my iPhone.

Thanks.

8. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is great. I like that I can finally make reservations using the mobile app. The previous version was bollocks, if I may say so.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  9. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been trying to get into this site all day on my BlackBerry, but the BB server has been down most of the day. Maybe word of the new UA mobile site got out, and RIM just could not handle all of the extra traffic! :D

10. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maybe it is a sign that you should get an iPhone 4S ;)

catgirl likes this.
  11. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    The United iPhone app still shows you the seat map in addition to the wait list / standy lists.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  12. catgirl
    Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Awesome! One of the first apps to be added to my very first iPhone. :D

13. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for following up Shannon!

14. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    But then I'd have to pay for it out of my own pocket, vs. my employer-provided BlackBerry.