United / SPG - 1000 award miles per stay

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by ClarkyBoy, Jun 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ClarkyBoy
    Original Member

ClarkyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got this promo email -

Stay in a Sheraton Club-level room and you’ll receive 1,000 bonus MileagePlus® award miles per stay, plus get access
    to the Club Lounge. Offer is valid now through
    December 31, 2012, at participating Sheraton Hotels & Resorts throughout the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean.

To take advantage of this great offer, you must be a Starwood Preferred Guest® member and ensure "United MileagePlus" is selected in your Airline Direct Deposit (ADD) profile.

As an SPG traveler allready, it's a nice addition. wonders if you have to book to club level or just get upgraded to one? :)

ClarkyBoy

LizzyDragon84 likes this.
  2. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    I also received this and loved the bolded [mine] portion. Isn't that the main reason to book a club room? :rolleyes:

HaveMilesWillTravel and garyst16 like this.
  3. ClarkyBoy
    Original Member

ClarkyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    lol,I was thinking the same thing.
    I started reading this list and said "cool" until i realized they were talking about booking a "club level room".

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Apparently you must book a particular club room rate for this promo. Plat upgrades to club level do not count, nor do award/C&P stays, nor do various other club room rates, including AAA and government. When I spot checked a few properties when this promo was first announced, the required club room rates seemed high. YMMV, but I consider this to generally be of interest to nonelites who book close to rack rates.

5. ClarkyBoy
    Original Member

ClarkyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    MSPeconomist - figures :)