United - So Wonderful(NOT)

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by euromannn, May 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:
    United is a being very difficult in merging the points of my UA nd Co FF accounts.

Both accounts had been established for years but I hadn't "CO" in a 6 years. Since that time due to travel changes my UA account was my formal name(ex: WIll instead of William and a suffix) though initial UA account also informal name.

UA then demanded to merge the accounts I needed that to change my "CO" account name but required my passport photo and ID be faxed in AND update UA info.

After updating the UA information which added the suffix UA then demanded I send a fax in with identification for UA.

Never had this problem with the NWA/Delta merger or any others. Even though all accounts were the same address for 20 years I am just growing tired of the UA mile plus actions.

Just like I dumped British Airways after reductions in FF miles for economy tickets and fuel surcharges.

The Friendly Skies of UA now have more FF seats available............I'm going AA.

Kalboz likes this.
  2. lightangel

lightangel Silver Member

Status Points:
    how much time did you spend on resolving this issue?

Kalboz likes this.
  3. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:
    I spent 4 emails to United and 1 phone call and being told NOOOOOOOOO merger of of account points because the Continental account didn't match the passport.

UA is really naive as the passport matched the address but the UA MP rep's just wanted to deny my account merger.

Don't need the headaches over 10000 points but the experience has made me no longer value UA's customer service.

Kalboz likes this.
  4. sfogate
    Original Member

sfogate Gold Member

Status Points:
    Passports do not have addresses on them so how can it (your name and address) be verified?

genemk2, Flyer1976 and bmg42000 like this.
  5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is that true for all countries?