United publishes earning rates for Air India flights

Discussion in 'Wandering Aramean Travel Tools' started by Wandering Aramean, Jul 1, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

With Air India poised to join Star Alliance next week the other members are slowing rolling out their frequent flyer earning charts for travel on the new partner. United Airlines published their Air India earnings chart this week and it is notable in that it manages to not follow the pattern of other partners.

The premium cabin fares are set to earn more than 100% PQM credit. They are, as best as I can see, the only non-JV/ATI partners where such earning is possible. Since early 2013 when United “fixed” the earning rates on most partners the PQMs were never more than 100%, even for paid first class seats, on partners where UA wasn’t also getting a cut of the revenue. And so this is either a mistake which will also be “fixed” in due course or a small nod in favor of the passengers who might actually get a little something out of the new partnership more than just access to additional destinations in the South Asia region.

Either way, good to see the numbers published in the systems. I’ve also updated the earning rates on my Star Alliance Mileage Run Calculator tool (no, I don’t have any idea what I’ll do with it next year) with the new rates.

Related Posts:

The post United publishes earning rates for Air India flights appeared first on Wandering Aramean.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Related Stories

Continue reading...