United Platinum Status for $100!

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 9, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

eBay has long been a place where you can buy lounge passes and also non-transferable coupons.

Goodness knows Craigslist is too, and people sell award tickets sometimes too although I think that’s generally a bad idea. Not only is it against airline rules but you’re dealing with people you don’t know while breaking the rules. If they’re busted by the airline, the first thing that happens much of the time is they ‘roll’ on their clients for leniency and you wind up out the cash and out the tickets.

Recently though what I’ve seen more of is selling elite status on eBay, which seems to be selling one’s knowledge and sketchy skills (photoshop?).

A couple of weeks ago it was Hilton HHonors Gold for $30.

Now today Kalboz points to a ‘Buy it Now’ for 90 days of United Platinum status for $100.

• [​IMG]

I have to imagine that the seller is just taking advantage of a status match offer, pretending to be you and sending in modified copies of their own frequent flyer status to get you 90 days of status and a flying challenge to keep that status.

So the price of a little bit of knowledge, a little bit of photoshopping skills, and less than a little bit of ethics? $100.

The post United Platinum Status for $100! appeared first on View from the Wing.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Related Stories

The post United Platinum Status for $100! appeared first on BoardingArea.

Continue reading...