United p.s flight SFO--> NYC Food o no?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by corz123, Mar 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. corz123

corz123 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Would dinner be served a a flight departing at 11:15PM? Or breakfast?

2. Black Cloud
    Original Member

Black Cloud Gold Member

Status Points:
    Snack plate.

Misplaced Texan and genemk2 like this.
  3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    A flight that late would be leaving long past anyone's dinner time, unless connecting from overseas, but then you would have been fed on the way in. This "red-eye" p.s. will serve a "full" breakfast...

4. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know about the full breakfast part -- every time I take the LAX-JFK P.S. red-eye, the only breakfast is the warm scone...no full breakfast.

5. corz123

corz123 Silver Member

Status Points:
    lol...sounds like a bunch of cheap bastids...just out of curiosity...what is usually served w/ business class meals on the united ps flights?

6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    You're right. Just checked my last LAX-JFK red-eye p.s. and it arrived around 7 am. No full breakfast is necessary in the air so close to arrival since even fuller breakfast can be had at destination. This is as opposed to when one wakes up around breakfast time and several more hours remain before arrival, like on unt'l trips, which confused me...;)

7. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is a thread dedicated to reports on inflight meals/menus at TOBB. Here's a post that even has pictures of what has been served in F on the SFO-JFK p.s. Menus do change once in a while, however.

eponymous_coward likes this.
  8. ptahcha

ptahcha Silver Member

Status Points:
    Breakfast: 3 choices of egg dish, french toast, or cereal, with fruit plate, yogurt, and choice of cinnamon bun or croissant. snack basket an hour before landing.

Lunch/dinner: appetizer, salad, 3 choices of main course (usually beef, chicken, and pasta), and ice cream sundae with a choice of 6 toppings. snack basket an hour before landing.

red-eye: snack plate.