United Needs A New Song

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by hulagrrl210, Apr 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    ...and no I am not proposing they get rid of Rhapsody in Blue, but it is definitely time for a fresh recording of it on their phone system! The quality is horrendous, like a bootlegged old-school tape that has been copied a half dozen times then left to sit in a hot car to rot for about a decade. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has noticed this. I am sure anyone else out there with a ticketing issue who has spent 20 or 40+ minutes on hold recently would surely agree. Its so bad all I want to do is hang up the phone and go do something else (maybe that is their intent) but I can't because they sent me a threatening email saying that I have to call them and listen to this s*** all morning or they wont issue my ticket!

unavaca and Jimgotkp like this.
  2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe this?

3. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:

TG has the best song while you wait :) The music starts at 0:20.

FlyingFree likes this.
  4. United Connection

United Connection Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think there was a thread somewhere on FT about how this was hardwired in some way into their PBX from magnetic tapes (thus the constant wavering of pitch, etc). The boarding/deboarding music on 733s/735s used to have similar issues.

That said, I agree on the need for a higher-quality recording, though I am pretty afraid of what our 90s corporate monotony experts over at COdbaUA will do to the poor tune. If the safety video background track foreshadows anything, it isn't promising...

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  5. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    They should just play the slightly trippy version from the tunnel at ORD. Love that version.

6. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:
    They missed a big opportunity around the time of the merger - "Come Together" by the Beatles :cool:

aptraveler and desamo like this.
  7. rggale
    Original Member

rggale Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think "united breaks guitars" would be pretty cool. ;) even though the lyrics arent the greatest for the brand, the song is catchy.