United MileagePlus Awards Card

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by SuperKirby, Apr 20, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    There seems to be little out there known about the MP Awards Card: https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-Cards/united_awards-benefits-rewards.htm

The general consensus is that it's only an upgrade/downgrade card for Chase United Card members.

Anyone know anything else about this card? What's the AF? I know I can't apply for it, but as of now, is one able to downgrade from MP Explorer to Awards? How about downgrade MP Club Card to Awards? TIA

Aloha-Rick likes this.
  2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have this card, which is, in fact, my very first UA-branded Chase CC. It is really a basic card. Gets you 1mile/$. The AF is $60, but it is fully waived with a statement credit if one is a UA 1K. I had forgotten all about this mild perk except that I just happened to notice the $60 credit in the card activity last month.

As for upgrading or downgrading between cards, I have never done it so I have no idea, but this is one of those things where getting the info straight from Chase would make more sense.

8MiHi, jwsky and SuperKirby like this.
  3. SFObased

SFObased Member

Status Points:
    I'm still enjoying my platinum class united visa that gives me 1 EQM/$ spent on UA (up to $5K) + a 5K EQM bonus if you spend $35K+ on the card in a year. :)

SuperKirby likes this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I traded that one in for the Select card. I only reached e $35k spend bonus once while I had the Plat card, and Select offered a lower fee, an annual 5k RDM bonus and I think better bonus categories (does the Palt card give 3x on united.com, or was it 2x?)

In any case... Both beat the current offerings IMO. Hold on to it!

SuperKirby likes this.
  5. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Car rental coverage the same as Explorer or is it secondary?

SuperKirby likes this.
  6. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    According to https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-Cards/united_awards-travel-protection.htm it's only secondary CDW compared to the Explorer.

However, I just read an interesting thread here on MP... http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/united-mileageplus-explorer-primary-cdw-coverage.38919/

Are United card's really "Primary CDW"? Does anyone have the actual Explorer/United Club card Guide to Benefits?

7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Secondary.

I have it somewhere. Will post the exact wording if I find it later tonight.

edekba and SuperKirby like this.