UNITED MILEAGEPLUS® EXPLORER BUSINESS CARD

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by merice107, Dec 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I saw this on Chase's website today:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/united-business-credit-card.aspx?OCELL=682Q

This is a business card that I have not seen mentioned before (I have not been around here for a while but definitely see some repeats in cards that people mention). Why is that? Is this not very popular? Did this have a 65000 offer just like the personal version at some point? Or does this just get left behind with the Ink?

Anyone have an Ink and this business version of United MileagePlus Visa? What about if you already have the personal version/ I'm assuming that doesn't matter just like it doesn't with the SPG personal and business versions.

Either way, I am curious what others think...

2. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    New to me. Doesn't mean it wasn't there before. There always has to be a first person to find something and publicize it. Many of the CCs that bloggers push as the affiliates are brought to their attention through emails or other means. It doesn't mean they're working purely for financial motives, it just means they know about them. If you actually have to go hunt for cards yourself, it can be surprisingly difficult to find some of them.

I know there are several other Chase business cards, including the Marriott Rewards Business card, that few people talk about.

merice107 likes this.
  3. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's been a business version of this card for a while, ever since the personal card came out (I think). People/bloggers don't promote this card because there are other cards that are better for earning UA miles (Sapphire Preferred, UA Club).

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    There, I fixed it for you :)

Actually, I don't know what this card pays or doesn't pay to the bloggers. But it would pay 30k RDM and has no annual fee in the first year, so it would seem to be worthy of an AOR slot for those who have run out other options, no?

(I am not an AOR guy, so just guessing here)

merice107 likes this.
  5. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    That was my initial thought. I mean eventually I will apply for the Ink Plus to switch from my Ink Bold... In a year (just did aor on 11/23). But the question is can I throw in UA business along with the CSP 6 months in? Either way I would need to apply a little before 6 months since my last chase cards, or I'll end up having to pay the ink annual fee (because the ink plus app would be within 6 months of the UA business).

Anyone have multiple chase business cards?

6. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    It does seem worthwhile. I should update my credit cards page to include it.

merice107 and guberif like this.
  7. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    merice107 likes this.