United mileage purchase

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by jgg630, Sep 6, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I purchased miles under United's offer this past week with. 100% bonus. I received an email overnight stating the miles had been deposited into my account. The miles I purchased were deposited but no bonus miles. Anyone else not receive bonus miles or do they get deposited at later date?

Thanks

Newscience likes this.
  2. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:

That offer was a bit different in that it required a conga line type of action whereby the more people that bought the bigger the bonus. I didn't quite understand it so I didn't go for it. You might want to read the requirements again.

Newscience likes this.
  3. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Went back and read terms. Nothing says they must buy from your link plus on their own page it stated 100% bonus reached. Wow if so I will join others in giving up on United. Talk about Deceptive Trade Practices.

4. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's possible it might just take longer for the miles to post because of the nature of the promotion. I would try contacting them to see what they say.

Newscience likes this.
  5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Read again. ;)

Compared to the regular miles:
    If the bonus miles haven't posted by the end of next week then you've got a complaint. But as of right now they're doing everything by the book.

Probably a good idea to make sure such things are actually happening if you're going to make such accusations.

Newscience likes this.
  6. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed. At times I'm amazed by the lack of patience on display on Milepoint and TOBB. I'm glad that I did a points "topoff" with this offer so that I can try to upgrade a planned UA TATL. It appears to have been the best such offer from UA in a long time, strangely equivalent to an ongoing US offer.

7. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry, I was just responding to the post that said it was a conga line type promo. The way I read terms was that it may take 7 days for miles to post. Not we will post your miles then a week later post your bonus miles. I guess being a business person that wording would confuse my customers when they saw the purchase but not the extra incentive.

Evidently my mistake.

Newscience likes this.
  8. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    interesting that it seemed the percentage bonus went up very fast in a space of a day to reach 100% bonus, congrats to those who bought !

Newscience likes this.
  9. webdes03

webdes03 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, it went up really quick. I checked the night before we left VIE and it was at 40 or 45%... ~36 hours later we got home to RDU... there was only 4 hours left and it was at 100% bonus. I had decided I wouldn't do it for less than 60%, so I was pretty glad that I checked it at the last minute again. Picked up 50K with the 50K bonus... not a bad deal. ~1.8CPM

Newscience likes this.
  10. webdes03

webdes03 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also, FWIW... I just checked my account and the bonus miles have also posted now.

11. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow! So did mine. Lightning quick for a bonus miles posting. :)

webdes03 likes this.
  12. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Still haven't received my bonus miles but I'll wait 10 days before inquiring since that is the consensus.