United Mileage Plus Shopping- Earn 1,000 Bonus Miles + Double Miles from Select Retailers

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by MLW20, Nov 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    United Mileage Plus Shopping is running a promo where you can earn 1,000 bonus miles for spending $250 from any online retailers. It can be a cumulative spend and is good until 12/31/11.

They also have a small list of retailers offering double miles. Eddie Bauer, Sephora, Office Depot, Drugstore.com & Banana Republic are on the list.

For more info, check out
    http://michaelwtravels.blogspot.com/2011/11/united-mileage-plus-shopping-earn-1000.html

2. sun
    Original Member

sun Silver Member

Status Points:
    Cartera is running something similar for other programs(AA, DL, US, PC). Being Cartera, the bonus miles will not post automatically and will require months of waiting, emailing, and more waiting before you see them.

3. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The airline shopping portals have been super-shady but I've had my miles always post when shopping AA. My big problem Cartera came with everyone else's in August with the 80,000+ mile bonus offer....

4. Blue Skye
    Original Member

Blue Skye Silver Member

Status Points:
    glad i checked this thread. i was wondering about the Cartera posting recently on my OnePass account. i could not figure out what i may have purchased to have it show up as Cartera. LOL!

in other related news, i am quite pleased with the Mileage Plus shopping portal. i am doing all my holiday shopping through it and have had points from a few purchases post already. definitely faster than it was when i shopped via the OnePass site.

MLW20 likes this.
  5. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad that you figured it out. Did you think that you earned miles for a Cartier purchase that you didn't know about initially? The shopping portals definitely are a great way to earn extra miles for things we would buy anyways...

6. Blue Skye
    Original Member

Blue Skye Silver Member

Status Points:
    i still have not figured out what i got the miles from Cartera for but i do know i made two purchases via the MP shopping portal using my CO card before switching over to my MP card. the numbers (miles per $ spent) just don't add up quite right but hey! at least i got miles. :D not going to squabble over 50 miles+/-.

the portals are a GREAT way to earn miles. i had a minor disagreement with my daughter tonight over her ordering more stuff from Sephora and NOT using the portal for more miles. she was all :rolleyes: at me but then i reminded her of all the great trips she has gone on using said miles. she promised to not do that again. LOL!

i think i wore myself out yesterday trying to maximize the mileage earnings on gifts. lots of changing "stores" to find the gift and then checking if i could get the same thing in another store for more miles. sometimes i think i go just a bit overboard with this mile thing. :confused:

MLW20 likes this.
  7. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is great! You need to teach your daughter to always go for maximum mileage earnings! My wife almost always waits to make online purchases so I can find the best portal to shop through.

Blue Skye likes this.