United Mileage Plus 50k offer

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by jstn, Mar 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jstn

jstn Active Member

Status Points:
    Hey guys, it seems like the United Mileage plus credit card offer is still around out there. My girlfriend received snail mail from United Mileage Plus today with the 50K offer that I thought was expired. However, the card offered seems to be the Mileage Plus Signature Visa and not the Mileage Plus Select Visa. I don't have any links, sorry. You guys think there's any way for me to get an offer as well? Maybe if I call chase?

2. i logged in and only had a 30k offer

rufftackle likes this.
  3. I just signed up for the 50,000 offer, I think if you're Premiere they send you that offer

4. I signed up for the offer last year... 50k for the Select Visa .... would like to get the Visa Signature though!

5. Melissa

Melissa Silver Member

Status Points:
    What is the difference between the Select and Signature?

6. About a week ago I sent in an app. for the MP 50,000 bonus miles card. I received a new offer from UA's MP card today. The previous offer said it expired on 4/18/11. This new one expires on 5/2/11. Also the web site to apply is
    "Get MyUnitedCard.com" the last one was "UnitedSelectCard.com". This one is the United Signature Card. Anybody else get these two differing apps?

santafefran likes this.
  7. santafefran
    Original Member

santafefran Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just got the MP UA Visa Signature $50,000 offer today expiring 5/4/11 via snail mail. It is addressed to me and I am the one with miles in MP (only 56,000). However, I have a question about application strategy since I am retired but my husband is still working. I would like the miles going to my MP account but is this possible if he is primary cardholder. Don't even know if he is eligible to apply since the offer was sent to me. Thoughts, advice? Thanks.

8. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    santafefran,
    The miles have to go to the MP account of the PRIMARY credit card account holder. There is no way around this. However, there is nothing stopping you from applying for the card in your name. Just because you are retired does not disqualify you from receiving the cards. They go on your credit rating (which I assume is good) and household income. You do not report individual income.

9. After my previous post I decided to take a closer look at the two MP offers I received in the mail. I had just glanced at the new offer but now realize there are some important differences in the two offers.

1st offer *********************************************new offer
    1) Visa Select Card ********************************1)Visa Signature Card
    2) 50,000 miles *************************************2) 50,000 miles
    after 1st purchase *************************************after 1st purchase
    3) $50.00 UA discount cert. ************************3) N/A
    after 1st purchase
    4) 3x miles on UA & CO purchases
    per $1.00 spent ************************************* 4)N/A
    5) 2x miles on other purchases ******************** 5)1 mile per $1.00 spent
    per $1.00 spent
    6) $95.00 fee waived first year **********************6)$60.00 fee waived first year
    For those of you who are interested the web site to apply is
    "UnitedSelectCard.com" ***************************** "GetMyUnitedCard.com"

10. For those of you who are curious about how long it takes to get the MP card I received mine today. According to the automated voice at Chase they had received my app on the 14th. So a total of 11 days. Now to go out and buy something so I can get my 50,000 miles.

11. norge
    Original Member

norge Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone been turned down for a Chase card because of "too many recent inquiries?" SO met with that response because of two new Chase cards w/in a 6 month period last year.

She has the 50K offer at united.com but hesitant to apply because of recent applications in Jan. (CO card) and March (Cap1 card). Qualified or screwed? Plus, she has had numerous UA cards over the last 6 years, but not the MP Select Visa.

12. roberton3
    Original Member

roberton3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think this is right. I was seeing the 30K offer, then got Premiere status a couple of weeks ago (when United started matching Continental status), and right away starting seeing the 50K offer.

13. notbgates
    Original Member

notbgates Silver Member

Status Points:
    Received the 50,000 mile offer by smail in January. Applied online w/ code # from smail in February. Received card, and made >$250 charge in March, which appeared on March statement. Paid in full in April, and received the 50,000 miles on April statement.

So, will the United ccards remain with no changes (i.e., improvements) and the continental ccards (w/ their features) quietly become non-renewable and be eliminated?

Stay tuned, and hope for the best while preparing for the worst seems to work for me.

14. jstn

jstn Active Member

Status Points:
    I was wondering the same thing. There is the similar 50k promo from continental after your first purchase however. I was planning on applying for both to get the 100k but the offer I had a couple months back on the mileage plus site reverted to a 30k offer and I doubt I'd be able to get premier status anytime soon...

15. notbgates
    Original Member

notbgates Silver Member

Status Points:
    Pick up 25,000 more CO miles here:
    https://www.continental.com/web/en-...ions/registrationDetails.aspx?promoCode=A7630

I got a Chase snail/junkmail offer to open a checking acct with a $100 reward, so the local Chase bank processed a new checking acct (w/ debit card, whose $25 fee has been refunded) using the mailer, and the reward offset the United CC first year fee (CO CC is free first year).

See this thread: "Continental One Pass CC - 50K sign up bonus" post #75. Total YTD: 50,000 CO + 25,000 CO + 50,000 UA ; cost was $90 UA CC fee less $100 Chase reward = +$10

YMMV Good luck.

16. Aktchi
    Original Member

Aktchi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am sorry but I am spoiled and don't look at anything less than 100K miles now. :)

deant likes this.
  17. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think the Continental debit card has been discontinued (or is no longer offered as they are phasing out these branded debit cards).

18. LXJenkins
    Original Member

LXJenkins Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are any non-premiere seeing the 50K offer? For those that are (Premiere or non-Premiere) is there an offer code associated with it?