United Meetings Desk

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by DCA1K, Mar 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DCA1K

DCA1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone successfully used the United Meetings (http://www.united.com/web/en-us/content/products/groups/meetingtravel/default.aspx) process since Dis-Intergration Day?

I am trying to book a flight for a conference where I am a speaker and the conference planners have given me instructions to book using this process, by calling 1-800-521-4041. After sitting on hold for 50+ minutes, I called the 1K desk (now called the premier line) and was transferred to another person who indicated he only made reservations, not meeting reservations (emphasis in original). He suggested I call 1-800-468-7022 where I have been on hold for approximately 15 minutes so far.

This is to save 10% which I calculate will be less than the $25 fee I expect to pay since I cannot seem to find a way to book online with the ###LL code I have been given.

Does anyone know who staffs this corner of reservations? Why can't the res agents book using this code? How inefficient is this?

2. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    In the past I've seen meeting discount codes that can be used online for CO flights. Since the UA site is the same as CO's, I suggest you call the organizers and ask if there is a code you can use to book a flight online instead.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  3. DCA1K

DCA1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    So, here is my update: After 1 hour and 15 minutes on hold, I reached a reservations agent who confirmed that these rates can only be booked through an agent but that there would be no service charge. She also indicated that the legacy United codes would not work and she had to convert it, somehow which took about 10 minutes to do.

When she went to book the flights I requested, she could not find the one I wanted initially, but eventually found it, saying it was the "new system." I was patient as she learned how to enter my frequent flyer number in order to populate the fields.

At the end of the transaction, after nearly 1 and half hours, I had saved my hosts $10. I guess it's the little things that add up...

4. cvsara
    Original Member

cvsara Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think I would have handed my 'Hosts" a ten spot out of my billfold, and saved the headaches. Probably a drink or two in the 'lounge' would cover it too, put it on you CC, get them points, then write it off as an expense.