United hawaiian interline

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by de52king, Feb 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. de52king

de52king Active Member

Status Points:
    I booked a partner award on united that will terminate in HNL. I will be headed to OGG. Immediately after arriving in HNL and was hoping someone knew whether or not I could through check my baggage to OGG? The flight from HNL to OGG is on a separate ticket. Thank you very much!

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    But as I understand it (and I will find out next year first hand) if you return the other way (OGG-HNL on separate PNR then HNL-wherever on another PNR) then HA will not interline your baggage and also you will need to pay separate baggage fees.

"Beginning June 1, 2012, Hawaiian will not through check bags to other airline flights unless the other airline segments are on the same itinerary for which the passenger is checking in.
    Exemptions from bag fees related to frequent flyer status on partner airlines may not apply when checking in on Hawaiian."
    http://help.hawaiianairlines.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1922#miscellaneous

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  4. de52king

de52king Active Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for the insight! I sure hope I don't have to collect my bags in HNL and recheck them for the next flight. What a pain that would be! I'll update following travel with the results.