United handing out freebies via twitter today (6/22)

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by viguera, Jun 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    They were at Daley Plaza near the Picasso 15 minutes ago handing out goodies.

If you're in the area, might as well keep an eye on their twitter feed and see what happens. Hey, you never know. :)

http://twitter.com/#!/united

Reminds me of the promo JetBlue did last year... having people chase them all over NYC, but if you showed up at the right time/place you ended up with a pair of tickets anywhere they fly.

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    They've been doing it all week at their hubs. I believe DEN, CLE, EWR and IAD are yet to come. No word on if they'll be visiting GUM, too. ;)

3. what about YYZ :)

4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    They were in DEN today I think. Might as well follow @United on twitter... hey, it's better than nothing. :)

5. BurBunny
    Original Member

BurBunny Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, it appears if you aren't within a couple minutes of their destination, you're out of luck. Today's Denver event was over in 13 minutes. No chance for anyone not working Downtown. :(

6. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah yesterday they were at Daley Plaza, so obviously they're picking centralized locations. One-a-day type of promos are not nearly as good since you basically have to stalk them and be ready to run as soon as they post -- and even then it doesn't guarantee you'll make it.

Still, free is free, and if you're around and end up winning then you don't mind it too much. :)