United Global Services Members Now Get Lufthansa First Class Lounge Access

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jan 7, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    In December Lufthansa added a nice perk for their top tier HON Circle members. This status requires 600,000 status miles every two years. With this new benefit, HON Circle members receive access to United Global First Lounges when traveling in business class on Lufthansa or United. This includes the lounges in Chicago, Hong Kong, London, New York, San Francisco, Tokyo, and Washington. While admittedly United Global First Lounges aren't all that nice, they're better than the United Clubs for sure. My assumption at the time was that this wouldn't be reciprocal, since I assumed Lufthansa was just paying United some amount of money to make the flying experience more pleasant for their top tier elites. And I especially assumed that since Lufthansa is among the strictest airlines when it comes to first class lounge access rules. They only allow first class passengers on Lufthansa/Swiss and HON Circle members to access their first class lounges. So they're much more difficult to access than United Global First Lounges. The post United Global Services Members Now Get Lufthansa First Class Lounge Access appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...