United Global First.

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Dubuque75, Jul 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Dubuque75

Dubuque75 Active Member

Status Points:
    Hello everyone,
    I'm traveling from ORD to PVG in first class on the 777-200. How do I know if it has the new configuration and which seat is the best as seat guru helped like t!ts on a boar.
    Thank you.
    Pickel

Ygor and harvson3 like this.
  2. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dubuque75 likes this.
  3. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    It looks like they use the newer UA 777 configuration on this route - with 8 F seats. Flew it last week from LHR-IAD in seat 1A.

I like any of the window seats best. There is nothing but a partition in front of row 1 all across the aircraft. The one restroom is near the cockpit door and the galley is on the right side. So really nothing on the other side of the wall but the exit doors and a passthrough.

Only issue - is there are no curtains between F and J, nor between F and the Galley or front area. Hence if you are in 1A for example the overhead light will shine in since there is no curtain. With a lack of any curtain (not even a mesh curtain) F and J are wide open. Nothing exclusive about United F and the food is the same as J.

F gets soup and cheese course as extras - but you have to ask for it. The FA's might ask you if you want the soup or salad - but say you want both - which is what they are suppose to serve. The soup portion is small - but very good. Good food - but nothing special about the United F cabin.

J is real bad - with the 2-4-2 across and with rear facing. One person on my flight (I could hear) refused to sit facing rear - so someone swapped with him. Those four in the middle are real tight when 4 people are trying to sleep lie flat - looks odd.

But F seat is great - just a lot of wasted cubby holes.

Dubuque75 likes this.
  4. Dubuque75

Dubuque75 Active Member

Status Points:
    Thank you harvson3 and cova. Both of those helped greatly. Funny that I have been flying to China since 2004 and have just found this website. Wish I would of found it earlier as I'm pretty sure I have a lot of miles missing and missed opportunities.

Also, I'm currently in 1A. Both window seats in the second row are currently taken.

5. colpuck
    Original Member

colpuck Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to the party.

I found the new seat to be good. For confirmation of config, check the seat map 72hrs before departure. 2 rows of F = new config, 3 rows = old config. I like row 2 on the far side of the cabin. You don't have as many people going by your seat. Even if you are in the middle you will still have a good view out the windows. Also from the middles you can not see into J.

6. Dubuque75

Dubuque75 Active Member

Status Points:
    Sorry, dumb questions. What do you mean by "far side of the cabin", is that either side or a specific side?

Tony

7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd bet that's the starboard side (higher letters in the seats) as it is farther from the boarding door.

8. colpuck
    Original Member

colpuck Gold Member

Status Points:
    The starboard or right side of the cabin. Sorry for being unclear in my post.

9. Dubuque75

Dubuque75 Active Member

Status Points:
    1A or 2K. Which one would everyone pick. Sorry...OCD .

10. EWR764
    Original Member

EWR764 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like 2K. More private, less light from the galley.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  11. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I concur I preferred 2K as well on the 744.

12. Dubuque75

Dubuque75 Active Member

Status Points:
    Now looking, the only seats that are book are 2A and 2K. :mad:
    And looking at the plane config. it looks as if there is nothing in front of 1A (port side). Just an empty spot. Is that where the crew sleeps?

13. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's where the closet is, the crew rest is in another area.

14. Dubuque75

Dubuque75 Active Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate it.

15. sonoma

sonoma Silver Member

Status Points:
    1A is not bad compared to 1K. The galley is next to 1K while 1A has less traffic in my experience and I agree with cova's comments above on row 1.