United "fixes" their earning rates for flights on South African Airways

Discussion in 'Wandering Aramean Travel Tools' started by Wandering Aramean, Jan 2, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I’m using the term "fixes" loosely here as it is a dramatic downgrade to the charts. Still, it is almost certainly what they meant the chart to be when it was initially released. I commented at one point about how generous it was – most fares earned 150% credit, even in economy – and it still took nearly 10 months to get it fixed. Yeah, the cuts suck, but they should be all that surprising. Here’s what the new rates look like:
    [​IMG]
    Under the old chart everything Q or higher earned 150% PQMs. Such is life, I suppose.
    The calculators over at Wandering Aramean Travel Tools have been updated with the new rates.
    Quick update: Looks like more than just South African have been affected. Not clear yet whether this is an across-the-board devaluation or just an over-zealous website edit. Hopefully some better answers in a few hours; it is late in Chicago right now.

Continue reading...

2. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not sure it really matters much since SAA flights never post anyway! This has got to be the most inept STAR partner when it comes to having its flights post to MP ... they just don't!! Even using the online tool, it takes weeks if not months and with these changes I expect to be hammering away at getting the 150% Shannon has promised we can still get on previously-booked flights. Only A3 has performed as badly in all the flying I've done over the years on these other airlines.

Kalboz likes this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed that SAA posting has been a mess. I'm glad I don't often have that issue, though I'd like to visit more of Africa so maybe eventually...