United Extending 2 GPUs to April 30, 2016 For 1K Requalifiers

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by chitownflyer, Dec 1, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    As an early holiday present, United is once again extending 2 GPUs until April 30, 2016, once an elite requalifies for 1k status for 2016. The best method of extending these upgrades is to call the 1K line and then request Mileage Plus services and ask a representative to process the extension. I recommend calling between 9 am - 9 pm EST to reach an elite-1K Mileage Plus representative. Then log into your account afterwards to verify the GPUs are valid until April 30, 2016. I hope this assists other members in getting a longer use of their upgrades. Happy upgraded travels.

Flyer1976, snod08, alanro and 3 others like this.
  2. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great now all I need to do is re-qualify and then find a way to use them. Most likely give them away.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  3. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    They have been useless for me this year. Still have a full stack

4. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Darn, I used mine all up by June.

5. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lol. That's nice

6. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I already used up all of my 2016 and 2017 instruments so I'm looking forward to reaching the next tier (150k). :oops:

7. UTIceberg

UTIceberg Active Member

Status Points:
    How does it work with GPUs that are applied to a reservation is for travel after that date? For example, if I'm traveling in September 2016 and apply a GPU to a reservation that would expire in April 2016, does it continue with the reservation either until it clears or up until the departure? Or does it have to clear before the expiration date, otherwise it just rolls of the reservation and I would no longer be wait-listed for an upgrade? Or is only eligible to be used on flights that occur before the GPU expires?

8. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    AFAIK, the GPU must be applied on a flight that departs before the GPU expires.

9. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Correct. All initial travel must depart before the expiration date of the GPU(e.g. April 30, 2016).

10. dw5878

dw5878 New Member

Status Points:
    Gentleman/Ladies,

I hate to post this on this thread also but I read a few of you have GPUs/RPUs that you probably couldn't use before they expired so I figured I would ask.

Is there anyone out there willing to donate any GPUs or RPUs to a Military guy trying to get home from Korea and see his family during spring break and Easter?

Appreciate the consideration and donation if possible.