United Continental rolls out changes at Chicago O’Hare

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sobore, Jun 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://atwonline.com/airports-route...inental-rolls-out-changes-chicago-o-hare-0605

United Continental Holdings started unveiling changes at Chicago O'Hare to "provide a more consistent travel experience for customers on United Airlines and Continental Airlines." The changes, which include more self-service capabilities, new "Premier Access" airport services, new Mileage Plus and OnePass features and benefits, a new onboard menu, aligned policies/procedures and new airport signage, will be introduced at airports across the carriers' global network over the next several months.
    "The alignment of airport procedures…and the rebranding of our operations at our hometown airport are the newest visible signs of the successful integration of United and Continental," President and CEO Jeff Smisek said. "We are making significant progress as we create the world's leading airline, and customers are experiencing more of these benefits as they travel."

UCH said it is "on track" to achieve a single operating certificate for combined operations from US FAA in the fourth quarter and expects to transition to a single reservations system in the first quarter of 2012.

Travelsavant likes this.
  2. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Moving forward in IAD too, noticed some updated signage this morning. RCC club ceiling sign in C had the new blue logo saying Red Carpet Club, which looked interesting... :)

Check in counter kiosk bps printing out with no logo at all --- mine just said First next to where the logo should be... Must still be programming them.

Misplaced Texan likes this.
  3. Hannaman
    Original Member

Hannaman Silver Member

Status Points:
    How exciting. I better go and get a bigger map.

Seeksreal, FriendlySkies and karenkay like this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    ORD had the blue carpets and the "Premier Access" signs marking the elite/premium boarding lane when I passed through a little more than a week ago. For some reason, the carpets already looked dirty/worn out, the blue being more grayish-purple than blue. Not that the color matters to me (I am not a colors/logo/font fanatic ;) )

5. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    My BPs at DCA today had no logo as well. And wouldn't scan at the gate. Not sure if the two are related.

6. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Would that make it the BLUE Carpet Club going forward?? ;)

mht_flyer likes this.
  7. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's what I was wondering. When exactly are they changing the name? Does putting up a new sign with the old name mean they've decided to keep it, or are the just going to buy another sign in a few months?

8. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    That decal probably cost them next to nothing to put up. I think it simply means nothing more than they were wiping out some of the old signage in the terminal at IAD that not only had the tulip logo, but used the font UA used in its logo prior to the battleship gray livery. (In other words, a font that hasn't been used in UA's branding in over 20 years, but was still hanging on some signs in the IAD concourses.)

9. Stephen
    Original Member

Stephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    in a 'temporary' terminal....

10. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah. I've quit referring to it as that.

11. Terminal 1 UA gates at ORD had new signage, ect 2 weeks ago...

12. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yup, UA Insider first apprised the forum denizens of this update in this thread.

13. bonnerbl
    Original Member

bonnerbl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nope -- quite simply just the "blue bloods" line. :)

14. cordray2643
    Original Member

cordray2643 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Feels like it has been even longer than 2 weeks. I had my 1st trip out of T2 this week at ORD since I noticed the new signage in T1. To my surprise they have completely updated T2 as well. Anything new spruces up that terminal!

15. Renard
    Original Member

Renard Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've only connected in ORD since the changes, but I was not "wowed". It doesn't appear that they went overboard in spending to make this change. I've always liked checkin at ORD so hopefully they didn't mess with too much there...just throw up some blue and a globe or two.

16. The only thing that can spruce up T2 is a demo crew with explosives and a D9 cat tractor.
    Once a 3rd world airline pit, always a 3rd world airline pit :)

sobore likes this.
  17. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like someone does not like 1970's era terminal seats. :D

18. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    T2 would be nice after a good cleaning, and removing about half the flights. Then it would be better than quite a few terminals I've been in.