United.com Sale Fares

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by JLSocks, Jul 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone noticed that United's "sale fare" ads on the bomb are no longer showing example fares? Is it just me? Haven't seen an actual sample fare for one of these sales in months.

2. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is really annoying and has been going on for a while. Another great website feature like the inability to book multi-city itneraries which now have an error when trying to price the itinerary.

3. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    I feel like with the merger, the UA web team has just given up doing anything to make the website work even remotely properly.

I've also noticed that multi-city itineraries are generating errors when trying to price. I've especially noticed this on multi-city international itineraries.

4. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    The sample fares were never that great anyway. You still had to use ITA, EF, or KVS to find the dates and times that had that deal. At best I view it as an alert that I should re-run my searches to see if anything has improved.

5. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Very true indeed that they were never that great. But it was a prompter for me to perhaps look for some flights...often times I came up with stuff cheaper than what was advertised.