United Club LGA Help

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by guberif, Aug 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey everyone,

I'm flying out of LGA tomorrow and want to use the UC. I know there are two; one on "Concourse A, Third Level" and one "Outside Corridor behind Ticket Counter". I also know one is legacy RCC and one is legacy President's Club. Not sure which though.

I've searched and see that the legacy RCC has better airfield views, etc., and want to go to that one. I'm just not sure which is which.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    AFAIK, the one behind the ticket counter is the former RCC. Just walk down the short hallway to right of the counter, take a left before security and the club is on the left.

sobore and Wandering Aramean like this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yup.

The legacy PClub would be accessed via the escalator or elevator in the hall between the A and B piers. It is next to the rock and roll diner or something like that. The legacy RCC is between B and C piers and you go in to the Club before going upstairs on the escalators.

Hartmann likes this.
  4. Black Cloud
    Original Member

Black Cloud Gold Member

Status Points:
    Believe it is now a burger bar.
    Go to the old RCC, it's a significantly nicer club. The former PClub is intimate in a cinder-block jail-cell kind of way.

5. Steve GadFly
    Original Member

Steve GadFly Gold Member

Status Points:
    Keep in mind that both clubs are outside security so depending on the TSA line, you'll need to leave enough time to clear and get to the gate.

Flyer1976 and sobore like this.
  6. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks everybody!

bmg42000 and Wandering Aramean like this.
  7. radonc1951

radonc1951 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would simply recommend that you find what concourse you are departing from and use the UC in that area. I find the agents in the UC "A" club are better in dealing with "problems" than those in the "C" club, but the "A" club is definitely cozier than the "C" club. TV is better in "A" but snacks (availability and quantity) are better in "C". Better views in "A", but fewer people in "C".

Basically, it is a push, so choose the one closest to departure and leave it at that. ;)

8. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like the views from C pretty well. Only a couple seats by the windows in A versus the bar area or the work spaces plus the seats in C.

As for the A agents better at handling problems, I wonder if that's a SHARES thing since they are the sCO folks.