United Club Entrance

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sfo1, Jun 28, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will be travelling with two friends. I know only one of the them will be permitted to enter the UC with me. I am a fairly shy person, but would it be ok to ask someone going into the club to guest the second person, or would most consider this out of line and a no, no? The other thought I had was to offer on here 5 or 6 drink chits, since I don't drink, for a one entrance pass that someone may not be using or have an abundance of. This is not until Feb 2015 so have plenty of time to figure it out.

2. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you are a UC member, you are allowed to guest 2 into a UC:
    http://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/airport/lounge/access.aspx

sfo1 and 8MiHi like this.
  3. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    No just 1k not a UC member, can't see paying the price for what is offered, I usually travel by myself and mostly Internationally, and I don't spend too much time in the club when I do go in maybe 15 or 20 minutes, but thought it would be nice to be able to bring my two travelling companions in with me, as we have a 3 hour layover at ORD and then IAH on the return. One is willing to pay the fee, but IMO not worth it.

4. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you are on TOBB, you could post a request for someone to guest your friend into a UC.

5. webdes03

webdes03 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've frequently seen folks here and on TOBB post offers to send folks their unused club passes from their CC's, so you could look for that too. Obviously it's against the terms (both of the board and the passes themselves) to offer/ask for money in exchange, but a lot of folks will just mail them to you if they have unused or soon to expire passes they can't use.

ssullivan likes this.
  6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    DL offers lounge access for premium cabin pax on their domestic transcon flights (not just LAX/SFO, but also SAN, SEA, etc.).

My search indicates that UA doesn't offer this on SEA-originating transcons. I'm sending tickets for some relatives to come visit. Were my search findings correct?

7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Correct, no lounge access for premium class or top elite travelers on regular domestic flights with UA. I think p.s. is the only exception.

NYBanker likes this.
  8. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I thought delta was an outlier (in a good way) with their policy.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  9. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    To comment on the OP's question:

As a soon to be former club member (cancelled my Club VISA a couple weeks ago), I would be concerned that if everyone guested in their full contingent of random strangers lingering outside the club, the existing overcrowding problem would increase, and of course UA's costs would increase and they would find ways to further downgrade the services they offer, as barebones as they are already.

That said, if I was in line to be admitted into the club and the OP politely approached me with the goal to keep his/her group together, I would probably do it.

On the other hand, if it was a single stranger camping outside the club and looking for a way to get in hy him/herself, he/she would likely not get a positive answer.

Perhaps illogical. But it makes sense to me.

sfo1 likes this.
  10. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will be with two friends, husband and wife, and I would like to be able to have both of them enter with me. IDGflygirl has been nice enough to give me a llink to FT and where to post. Never knew it existed, I am glad I found it, as a single flyer, I will be more than happy to list my information and be happy to guest a person in with me any time I fly Internationally which is many times a year.

Flyer1976 and IDGflygirl like this.