United club card renewal.

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by countgary, Mar 1, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. countgary

countgary Active Member

Status Points:
    Was going to cancel my card before my annual fee posts. Will that also cancel my club membership that extends a bit after? I'm thinking yes so I'm going to plan some international jaunts prior to this.

Newscience likes this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    A good question that I suspect that someone at United can respond to. I'd like to think that, since you don't use your United credit card to access the United lounges, but rather use your United Club membership card (that was sent to you separately), the date on the Club card is what matters.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
    countgary likes this.
  3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Your UC membership will be good up to the expiration date printed on your membership card even if you cancel the UC visa card before that date. The membership simply won't be renewed when the time comes if you'd canceled the UC card.

Newscience and countgary like this.
  4. countgary

countgary Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info.

Newscience likes this.
  5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    My card has an expiration date of Sept 30, 2014. I got it via the Club Visa, which renews in May (or in my case, won't renew).

On united.com, on the My Account page I see the same Sept 30 date under travel options as a non-auto-renewing subscription to United Club. But, under Travel Bank it shows that I am a united club member since 5/2x/2013 (actually, should be 2012) and that my membership expires 5/2x/2014.

Will be interesting to see whether they accept the card for an extra three months. Don't they swipe it?

Newscience likes this.
  6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    They will go by the expiration date on your current membership card and not with what is under Travel Bank, which even has incorrect info about when you became a member...

Newscience likes this.
  7. countgary

countgary Active Member

Status Points:
    I got my credit card in 11/13 the club card and united.com say good til 2/28/15.

Newscience likes this.