United Club at MCO???

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by joeheg, Jul 15, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. joeheg

joeheg Silver Member

Status Points:
    MrsJoeheg and I are headed out on a trip from MCO. For domestic we usually fly DL and I get into the skyclub with my Plat AMEX. So yes, we're currently spoiled and waiting at the gate is simply uncivilized. How is the United Club at MCO. Is it worth it for us to try and pick up passes on eBay (as I've seen mentioned). I'm not about to drop $45 a piece for us but 1/2 that would be acceptable. Thanks!!!

8MiHi likes this.
  2. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nothing special, it's smallish but not too small, it's alright just as good as any other ones they have.

8MiHi and joeheg like this.
  3. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:

Damn... I was in MCO a while ago and totally didn't realize there was an UA club while waiting for my US flug.

4. Mrlasssen

Mrlasssen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Which terminal is it in A or B, or can you access it before security?

5. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Upstairs on B Concourse near gate 43. I like the Club and have had very good experiences with their personnel. It is a bit overstuffed as it is smaller than it needs to be at times, but generally comfortable.

6. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have they recently extended the hours of operation? Seems to me that it has been closed every time I had opportunity to use it.

8MiHi likes this.
  7. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't know about hours. It's always open when I'm there during more-or-less normal travel hours. It is small, older and not particularly special.

But it's quieter than the terminal, has far fewer screaming kids, and does have an espresso machine which is nice for morning departures.

To the OP: I wouldn't pay $45pp for it by any stretch. But do keep in mind that post-security at MCO has very little in terms of "good" food or drink. There's a Ruby Tuesday, a food court, and a crappy airport bar.

8MiHi likes this.
  8. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    The website shows hours to be 5:15am to 8pm 7 days a week. No late evening hours.

KenInEscazu likes this.
  9. joeheg

joeheg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Club passes on eBay seem to be easy to find. No club where we're flying back from so only need the 2 passes. I'll pick my spot and most likely get in for less than $30 for the two of us. That will be worth the access to a plug and getting away from the Walt Disney World bags stuffed with plush.

8MiHi and desamo like this.
  10. SeaRaptor
    Original Member

SeaRaptor Silver Member

Status Points:
    Been through the club at MCO a couple times now. It's a comfortable place to wait for a flight, but nothing overly special. The work "cubicles" in the back corner don't have individual plugs at each station, which is mildly annoying.

joeheg and 8MiHi like this.