United Baggage Delivery - BagsVIP

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by genemk2, Mar 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just signed up to get my bags delivered. I'm flying EWR-LAX at 6:30 a.m. tomorrow, and am supposed to get in at 9:50 a.m., and I need/want to get into the office ASAP, so instead of waiting 30 extra minutes for the bag to get deplaned, I'm going to pay $30 for them to deliver to the office. I will let everyone know how it goes, but in such a situation, I can definitely see the value-add.

If I had thought about it earlier, I would have brought my skis with me this past weekend, checked the bags, and had this service deliver it to our office in NY, which could have saved me $100 in ski rental costs, plus the hassle of dragging skis around NYC.

sobore and mht_flyer like this.
  2. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    $30 seems really cheap. What kind of delivery at destination time frame did they give? How far is the office from LAX?

3. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:

Here is the vendor site with prices: https://www.maketraveleasier.com/un...campaign=baggage_delivery&utm_content=english

$30 for 1 bag; $40 for 2 bags; $50 for 3-8 bags (I assume cumulative, not per bag).

Up to 40 miles from the airport - 4 hours delivery time, and standard pricing.
    41-100 miles from the airport - 6 hours delivery time, and standard pricing + $1 per mile.

My office is 14 miles from LAX.