united.app ios - why would last bp in itin not have "add to passbook"?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by LIH Prem, Aug 27, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    Weird behavior ... has to replace my iphone, after that checked in and received bp for FRA-SFO flight, add to passbook link was there and it worked (LH checked me in, had to 'reprint' or "check-in" to get bp into the mobile app.) overnighted in SFO, checked in for sfo-ogg early morning via the app, bp shows up in the app, but the spot where the "add to passbook" button should be is blank.

I have the app, it's current, current IOS version, etc. Passbook is there, it thinks the united.app is present, UA BPs in passbook already, including FRA-SFO.

Any ideas?

-David

uggboy and Newscience like this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    When it comes to electronic glitches, the airlines aren't immune!

I'm unsure what's going on with this UA glitch, but earlier this summer, about 2 weeks prior, my reserved flights on AA completely disappeared from my AA website, and I couldn't bring them up on my Android AA app. When I eventually got to talk with someone in AA IT, they said something to the effect that: "oh yeah, that's happening to ~5-10% of our customers and there's nothing that we can do about it"!

Fortunately, I had already printed my boarding passes, and the AA folks tried to assure me that they could see my reservations, and so would the gate agents. They were right, it turns out, but I never got to see my reservations electronically again! :eek: